terça-feira, 31 de agosto de 2010

WELCOME ABOARD



August 2010 Edition

For this month of August, I've added some sections of the blog that you might find interesting.

The "route maps". That I love route maps is an understatement. If there's a sub-category of "airline geek", then "airline route maps geek" should then be created. I'd be a member. For me, route maps are a visible symbol of geography and aviation combined. And I love both. Route maps are my most favourite be it online or in an in-flight magazine (I can't sleep without reading an in-flight magazine and checking out the route maps of the corresponding airline). My route map section is not the most impressive but not bad for a regular guy who has a serious fear of heights and a tolerable fear of flying but his love for aviation beats them all. That's me. And so I fly!

"Music". Music may not be totally related to aviation but I simply love music (you may actually find aircraft videos here because the sound of a plane's engine is also music to my ears) . I used to sing before yet I realised some few years back that I'd better be a listener than a singer. I can still sing though but I don't dream anymore of being a singing superstar.

"Featured Airport". This section has route maps of the featured airport with all the flights from all continents (if applicable).

There's also "Updates" wherein you can take a peek of what's going on in commercial aviation. I update it everyday when I can. And no, this section doesn't aim to be the greatest aviation news portal of all time.

"http://www.FlightAware.com" is so interesting! I visit it everyday. When you click on the link, you find a list of several airline flying at the moment. Just choose which airline you like to monitor.

This site is one of my favourites: "http://www.FlightMemory.com". This is a tool made not only for aviation enthusiasts to monitor their flights for also for those who simply want to record their flights. This site also generates maps and list of airlines and airports and other related information loaded in your personal page. It's cool.

And http://www.gcmap.com is also a nice tool to generate maps. Thanks to this website, I have cool route maps. Whenever I'm online, I "play" with it. So with http://www.flightmapping.com

As you may notice, some trip reports are not yet complete (I'm currently working on some things nowadays and I still don't have time to write and scan the pictures) but I'll work on those as soon as I can.

If anything, please feel free to contact me.

Hope you like the August 2010 edition of the blog.

Enjoy!

----
MGees

Sem comentários:

For older posts, please click on "Mensagens Antigas"