sexta-feira, 3 de setembro de 2010

Terminal 1 NAIA, Manila, Philippines

PLANESPOTTING: September 2010 Edition

My parents were flying on EVA Air to Toronto via Taipei. I took the opportunity to plane spot. Is this something new?

Place of spotting: Terminal I of Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila.
Date: 30 August 2010
Time: 0800 to 1400



The Brazilian-made Embraer E-Jet 190 of Mandarin Airlines fresh from Kaoshiung. This, I have to say, is one of the highlights of the day. It's my first time to see this aircraft type and at close range. I spotted the smaller version E-Jet170 at Hong Kong Airport back in 2005 and 2007 (then operated by Hong Kong Express Hong Kong airport back in 2006 and 2007 before these aircraft were flown to Nairobi to be operated by Kenya Airways). Anyway, I was inside the plane so I was only able to admire the beauty of these jets only though the aircraft window. So now, what I want is to fly on it.



Cathay Pacific Airways Boeing 747-400 just landed from Hong Kong.


We moved to the other end of the Temrinal I to check out what were the things in store for us to spot. And we were surprised by the Airbus 340 of China Airlines getting ready for its flight to Taipei.



Three Chinese beauties


The E190 of Mandarin Airlines during pushback.



KLM Boeing 777-300ER getting ready for its flight back to Amsterdam.


Just arrived from South Korea: Korean Air Airbus 330



Korean Air's tail



One of the most beautiful colour schemes: that of Gulf Air. According to some sources, these Airbus 340's of Gulf Air will be replaced by B77W


EVA Air Boeing 747-400 arriving from Taipei. This will be the aircraft that will take my parents to Taipei.


Beautiful sexy look!



Majestic!


To its parking area.





Pushback. The A340 of Gulf Air flying to Bahrain.





Beautiful. Simply beautiful!


With a cousin from Kuwait: Airbus 340 of Kuwait Airlines. it does Manila-Bangkok-Kuwait


Oh and another from the Middle East! The Boeing 747-400 of Saudi Arabian Airlines! The colour scheme of this airline has gorwn on me.


Three cousins from the Middle east in one picture! Lovely planes!











Solo: Airbus 340 of Kuwait Airways.





Arriving from Japan: Japan Airlines Boeing 767




The fuselgae looks like Boeing 777. This was the basis actually if i'm not mistaken.









EVA Air during pushback. My parents were there inside the aircraft. I'm sure my mother was nervous. My father not really, hehe.






Beauty!















Take off: EVA Air to Taipei! To my parents: enjoy Canada!


EVA Air up in the air! Turning right. Have a safe flight!

2 comentários:

unspoken disse...

Very cool site! I love the concept.

You should keep doing more of this type of blogging.

Have you ever been to Mombasa? They have a wonderful airport there. It's close to the coast and has a lovely breeze in the air. I love that area of Kenya!

Thanks again!

MSVG disse...

Thanks for the comment!
I haven't been to Mombasa but I would love to!

For older posts, please click on "Mensagens Antigas"